The library move is coming. *Cue menacing music*
I’m guessing some of you lovely readers are confused by this. To clear the confusion: The library will be undergoing a renovation/remodel beginning late in the Spring ‘14 semester. In order to continue serving the campus we have opted to relocate until the remodel is complete (August 1st, at this point). Here are all the details we have currently:
- The library will close March 30th (Sunday) to begin moving to our “Summer home”.
- We will reopen April 7th (Monday).
- At this point, our hours of operation are up for discussion.
- During the full period of the remodel (March 30th – August 1st) the Avila circulating collection, periodicals, the Curriculum & Children’s collections, and play scripts will be unavailable for use.
- St. Paul’s School of Theology’s collection will be moved to our new home, per an agreement with them. These materials will remain available during the remodel.
- Hooley-Bundschu Library will be relocating to Avila Hall (first floor) for the duration of the remodel.
- We will release updated spring and summer schedules as they become available.
- There is a possibility of a change to building/library access during our stay in Avila Hall. Please stay tuned for updates!
- Reference and Reserve materials will remain available in our temporary Avila Hall home.
- Faculty: If you need to place any materials on reserve for the final weeks of the Spring semester or for any Summer classes, you must do so by March 15th. Please contact Becky Nichols (x2428) with requests and questions.
- Mobius and Interlibrary Loan lending will remain available through the remodel.
- Materials will be delivered to our temporary location for pick up.
- If you need assistance requesting materials, please do not hesitate to ask any of the library staff!
- Also making the move: Most (if not all) of our computers, printers, the archives, and the library staff.
- Locations of these items and offices are still in flux. We will post a “map” of locations once the areas have been finalized.
- Our temporary location at Avila Hall will still allow us to have a kitchen area, the computers will have internet access, and WiFi should be available. We are also considering setting up a quiet study area/room if space is available.
- All databases and e-books will remain available throughout the remodel. These can also be accessed off campus, using your Avila login information.